The glories of Spring . . . and the not so good
Be happy, it’s Spring. Feel grateful and look for the positive. Life is to be lived.
Things I like about Spring
- Finding birds nests, such as the robin nest in this photo
- The arrival of the swallows from South Africa
- The process of seeds, to plants, to vegetables. It never seizes to amaze me.
- Sunny evenings in the garden with birdsong for company.
- Watching the butterflies and bees aimlessly traverse the garden.
- Eating lunches al fresco.
- The smell of blossom.
- Watching the honeybees return from the rapeseed on their super-highway.
- Finding a male toad whilst weeding.
- Taking extended walks and playing outdoor tennis.
- Clean dog paws.
- Clean eggs from chickens, i.e. not covered in mud.
- The cats stop using their litter trays.
Not so good . . .
- Finding remains of mice in the garden, courtesy of the cats.
- Never-ending weeding.
- Guilt relating to inability to motivate myself to doing outdoor DIY chores.
- Realising the cabbage white butterflies are going to devastate my brassica plants.
- Seeds that fail to germinate. My hope and expectation crushed.
- Sunny days that I am unable to enjoy because I am stuck indoors.
- Cats returning home with large bellies and smug faces.
- Cats meowing to go outside at 4 o’clock in the morning.
Even so, it’s still better than winter!